There are many fitness trends in Hong Kong today. Some are new while some have been around for quite some time. Despite the fleeting trends, classes for Pilates in Hong Kong remain as one of the most popular.
Many working professionals, especially those who have started experiencing the cumulative effects of sitting in front of a computer all day, have found cure through Pilates. This particular type of exercise can relieve many of today’s working woes: pain in the lower back, stiffness in the neck and tightness in the shoulders.
If you’re new to Pilates, here are some of the benefits you can enjoy from this fitness routine and why it is so popular in Hong Kong:
- It improves flexibility. A 2011 article published in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation showed that Pilates can increase the body’s dynamic balance, improve flexibility and enhance muscular endurance.
- It strengthens your core. Pilates is designed to help develop a stronger “core,” which is the center of your body. Having a strong core enables you to improve physical performance and posture. It also prevents lower back pain.
- It helps develop long, lean muscles. While weightlifting builds short, bulky muscles, Pilates helps you build muscles that are longer and leaner. Pilates also improves joint flexibility and muscle elasticity.
- It helps prevent injuries. Pilates helps you build a well-balanced, stronger and more flexible body. The culmination of all Pilates benefits helps you prevent physical injuries.
- It is great for runners. Pilates also improve one’s balance, breathing and mobility, which all support running. Pilates can be a good low-impact routine to complement your other sports activities.
- It’s gentle. Compared to CrossFit, MMA and other more rigorous forms of exercise, Pilates is gentle to the body. The majority of the exercises involved in Pilates are done in sitting or reclining positions. It is so gentle that Pilates is even used in many physical rehabilitation programs.
- You can modify it. Various modifications offer people more challenge when doing Pilates. This is great for people who are just starting their own fitness journey as well as for those who are looking to up the ante in their exercise routines.
Join A Pilates Class Today
Pilates is a gentle as well as challenging routine you can try at any point in your fitness journey. There are various classes for Pilates in Hong Kong that you can join regardless of your level of physical fitness. Join one today and start working on the body that is not only fit but also strong.